Advice from Katrina, my tutor, on what she is expecting me to send/email/Dropbox her to complete it.
"I usually receive via email your blog and / or written reflection on each image you send me. I prefer to have the final images printed and posted to me (A3 ideally) in order that I can give feedback on the quality of the print. Alternatively, you can email me (via Dropbox) your digital images if you are not able to print for whatever reason."
As I see it there are various parts to consider, ie, background to hospice in Dorset and in particular to Lyme Regis. I plan to feature a day in the life of a charity shop, from opening the door to locking up in the evening, including the various members of staff and customers.
The areas I will feature will include:
Run through of every day events from
opening up at 9.00 am until closing at 5.00 pm.
Order:
1. Shop Panorama
2. Opening shop
3. Recycle day
4. First customers
5. Donations collection
6. Sorting goods
7. Steaming clothes
8. Administration
9. Staff briefing
10. Stocktaking
11. Cleaning shop
12. Locking up
This is a basic outline of a day in the charity shop. There are two paid members of staff based at the shop, ie, Manager - Emma Daniels and Deputy Manager - Sam Fowler Johnson. Each shop has its own set of volunteers who work a 4-hour shift, Monday-Saturday 0900 hrs - 1300 hrs or 1300 - 1700 hrs when the shop closes. Sunday opening hours are governed by law and the shop is only allowed to open from 10.00 - 1600 hrs; therefore Sunday shifts are only for 3 hours - 10.00 -13.00 or 1300 -1600 hrs. How many shifts each volunteer agrees to cover is up to each individual, some work only one shift per week, some two or more depending on their circumstances.

No comments:
Post a Comment